Dave an idea for Frontier...

Author:William Crim
Posted:11/18/1998; 10:50:30 PM
Topic:First message

My workplace is looking for a version control system. I was looking at CVS and Microsoft Source Safe. But I was wondering if you think Frontier would work for something like this?

I think a really simple version control system could be made if there is a simple "diff" function to compare two entries of the database. I am not really that savvy with Frontier, but I know there are lots of Joes who are.

The reason I thinking of Frontier is A. It has a nice Hierarchal DB that seems logically suited to a Version Control System. B. It also has neat Web integration(for browsing a source tree on the web). C. It also with the XML built in, it could allow all sorts of front ends to be made on any system you want.

So tell me if this is something people would be interested in? I'd have to seriously brush up on my Frontier before I attemtped it, but if anyone else out there wants to try it, I am more than willing to use your code. :-)