Re: Bedlam

Author:Matt Daw
Posted:11/25/1998; 7:29:52 AM
Topic:Testing a new feature.

When I was working at Alias (now Alias|wavefront) we had a very similar problem. The mail alias in our case contained every single employee -- worldwide!

The unfortunate solution for the systems division was to appoint a censor to the list who had to approve every message before it went out. This of course caused a number of other problems -- mainly that the censor applied his own value system when approving mail out to the list.

On one occasion, we had to notify people in the field that our central Intranet server was going down for a hardware upgrade. The censor deemed this a local issue not a global one, and deleted the mail.

Well -- on the positive side -- I didn't have to read about missing coffee cups in Paris anymore.

Matt