Re: Bedlam

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/25/1998; 7:43:24 AM
Topic:Testing a new feature.

Interesting! So there are lots of horror stories about this..

Maybe the answer is to rely more on the web to distribute information that everyone in an organization must see?

We've been switching over, in our organization (a very small one) gradually. Last week we got a new site called Kernel News, with Doug as the sysop, and now we know a lot more about Doug and what he's doing, and all he has to do to get us to use the site, is to post a pointer to our internal mail list when he updates things.

It won't take long before he doesn't have to do that. And the benefit is that we get searchability, so we don't have to rely on memory for the important bits of information.

Anyway, I think the web is the solution. A much more humane medium. It isn't as easy to add stuff to the web, but it can be just as easy if we want it to.

My two cents.. Thanks to Michael for posting this message!

Dave