How did these responses end up here?

Author:Michael Winser
Posted:11/25/1998; 9:57:54 AM
Topic:Testing a new feature.

This is another thing that makes me nuts about messaging systems. I would appear that this conversation is about something totally different from the base thread. Is this a software error or is just because the author found it more convenient to respond to my message than to create a new one?

BTW, I am not complaining about the content or even the strange fork. The underlying mechanism and how it is used is as interesting as the actual content (at least to me right now)

Michael