Re: Websites with menus

Author:Robb Beal
Posted:11/30/1998; 2:02:43 PM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

Yessss! I long for the Mac (and to a lessor extent Windows) user-experience when I'm interacting with web pages/sites.

One question. Are we thinking about an entirely new metaphor where:

a) A minimalist application shell is given a personality (both functional and aesthetic) by sending a package of platform-specific interface elements, data, and logic to it. Is this personality package equivalent to a "site"? What's the implication of revisiting the "site"?

b) The persistence of the "site" on the client is significantly greater than that of today's web pages. So I might say to a friend, "Sure, I've got scripting.com 98v3 on my local drive."

c) There may be a small trade-off in "site" load time for a better user-experience.

??