Scripting News Browser

Author:Matt Daw
Posted:11/30/1998; 10:56:48 PM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

The talk of a third browser made me think more directly about Scripting News, how I read it, what I find interesting about it, what I gain from reading it, etc.

Perhaps talking a little about how Scripting News fits into our day would better expose what a browser for Scripting News would ideally do.

I'll throw my hat in the ring to start things off.

I read Scripting News quite regularly (five-six times a day) and am most interested in the discussion that DaveNets, news items, etc. provoke. Dave has a completely different position in the software industry than I do, thus I find it most interesting to hear what he has to say. I'm also quite a fan of this discussion group, as interesting opinionated people congregate here.

What is it about Scripting News that makes you come back? How could we make software that made what you like easier to get to?

Matt (Trying hard not to sound too much like a Psych major...)