Re: What if there were a third browser?

Author:Nicholas Riley
Posted:11/30/1998; 10:57:12 PM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

Well, a year later some of the "big two" browsers are doing some of these things... I only list one example because I know of it, not because it's the only one.

3. IE4 for Windows does this when you move the wheel on the mouse - it moves in smooth increments like when scrolling by single lines on a terminal like you mention.

5. IE4 for Mac definitely does this (I'm using it now) - Windows versions I think will do it as well.

9. IE4 for Mac supports ColorSync, which does a nice job of matching for those pictures that have the right information embedded. But a general 'gamma' setting might be better if everyone doesn't want to use ICC profiles, etc. just to get good Web graphics (sRGB is not the answer, no matter how much Microsoft tells you so...)

12. Mozilla (5.0) is doing this. Seems to be working so far.