It ain't soup yet

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/1/1998; 5:54:45 AM
Topic:The first XML-based discussion group

Neil, you put your finger right on it. Let it wiggle a bit before nailing it down.

Should we use namespaces? I'm going to do an XML-RPC interface first, maybe there's no point having a DTD. I noticed that there was no discussion about this on the XML-DEV list, and not really a discussion here.

I'd like to find a way to connect with some other people who are doing XML-based groupware so we can get some interoperation going. We're going to be able to do some nice things for Frontier users, but what about people using other writing environments and graphics tools?

Anyway, that's why no DTD now, it ain't soup yet, I'm still deciding what ingredients to add!

Dave