Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
The first XML-based discussion group
Author: Dave Winer Posted: 11/30/1998; 2:39:01 PM Topic: The first XML-based discussion group Msg #: 598 Prev/Next: 597 / 599
How would you like to have a discussion group that didn't only display in HTML, that you could build a custom interface for in any application that had an HTTP client and an XML parser?
Well, we just took the first step in that direction today. You can now read any message on this board in XML form. Here's what a URL looks like:
Just change the number after the $ to get a different message.
There are responses to this message:
- Where's the response list?, Dave Winer, 11/30/1998; 3:27:53 PM
- Re: The first XML-based discussion group, Joseph Palmer, 11/30/1998; 3:48:33 PM
- Re: The first XML-based discussion group, Niel Bornstein, 11/30/1998; 5:03:04 PM
- Interaction Forum is the first XML-based discussion group, email@example.com, 12/2/1998; 10:28:13 AM
- Changes notes for the XML interface, Dave Winer, 12/3/1998; 12:22:04 PM
- XML Feature Request, Niel Bornstein, 12/15/1998; 1:48:53 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:46:04 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.