Simple New Features

Author:John Springer
Posted:12/1/1998; 9:35:01 PM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

Number 1 on my list would be a "pre-load" capability. Let me specify the most likely next page someone will choose, and preload it into cache while they're reading the current page. If you find an HREF labeled "Next" pre-load it automatically. This is a totally benign enhancement that could make a real difference to the user.

Number 2 is the ability to assign command keys to links on the page.

And number 3 is a more robust user interface, like menus, but it has to become a real standard and be very obvious so you don't have to be computer literate to understand it.