Re: Netscape's power grab...

Author:Brian Livingston
Posted:12/3/1998; 9:07:18 AM
Topic:Netscape's power grab...

I agree Eric, there doesn't seem to be a smoking-gun-type incident related to this struggle that media outlets are willing to publish with the fervor of, say, the Rodney King video.

But I can't imagine a TV news announcer trying to explain the significance of these issues in a two-minute spot. Unfortunately, someone may have to get beat up on video for this to get broad coverage, and then what will the issues be? How can we make these issues more relevant and understandable to a wider audience? Any sites or individuals worth recommending?

Are we due for a disaster? Or will the strength of the internet culture (civilization?) be an adequate safety net? I'll put my money on the 'net!

Brian Livingston