Netscape's power grab...

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:12/2/1998; 12:21:11 PM
Topic:Netscape's power grab...

There's something even more subtle than redirecting links...

Remember the What's Related, and the cookie issue? Remember how Netscape said that there were privacy controls and that the cookie information would not be used in nasty ways.

The speculation at the time was that it was all fine and good as long as Netscape had control of Netscape, but that if they were bought then the buyer may not have the same policy about user privacy. Well, they've been bought by one of the entities that has the most power tracking its users.

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but I haven't heard anything about this in all of the news flurry.

eric

and ps. I can edit this....