Changes notes for the XML interface

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/3/1998; 12:22:04 PM
Topic:The first XML-based discussion group

1. Error-proofed the server, if there's an error, such as a missing message, the result returned will be in XML, not HTML. The result, instead of containing a , will contain an , which is a string, the text of the error message produced by Frontier.

2. If any of the text contains any <'s we replace them with &lt;s. Some early messages contained HTML markup, somewhere along the line we disallowed this.

I just ran a script that read all the messages thru the xml parser, and they worked fine. On to the next problem.

Dave