Domain-specific globals

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/3/1998; 6:31:31 PM
Topic:Domain-specific globals

This is a feature Bob asked for a while back.

Now, an entry in config.mainResponder.domains can be a table.

If so, nomad is initialized from a sub-element named docTree.

It can also have a subtable named globals, these are added to the globals from config.mainResponder.globals. The domain-specific ones override the global globals, if you get what I mean.

To test it out, I created a domain for legacy.userland.com and mapped it to a folder in the file system containing a September snapshot of www.scripting.com. I turned directory listings off for this site.

So if you jump here:

http://legacy.userland.com/98/

You'll get an error. That's proof that it works.

Here are docs for config.mainResponder.domains:

http://developers.userland.com/configuration/domains