Re: Zope vs. Frontier

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/5/1998; 10:59:00 AM
Topic:Zope vs. Frontier

How much do you know about Zope and how much do you know about Frontier? They say they're aiming at Allaire, and we already know that Allaire is not a CMS. Unless they're claiming to do content management, they're not comparable to Frontier. What we need is someone who knows Frontier to take a look at it.

If it runs well on Linux, by the way, this is really good news. We've been looking for a runtime environment on Linux to target, much the same way people include JavaScript bits in their Frontier sites to control runtime evaluation in the browser.

In this world, at this time, it's more likely that they complement our product than threaten it. My opinion of course.

Dave