Re: op.setRefcon

Author:James Spahr
Posted:12/6/1998; 9:23:18 PM
Topic:Technography

So are you saying its more of a UI issue than a technical one?

(Don't take this as a feature request, just me musing about an interessting design problem)

I was in a meeting once where there were 2 projectors. One had notes on it (Unfortunatly the operator was not using an outliner). The other had images. It flowed nicely because the 2 operators kept the screens in sync.

What if we were able to view attached media elements in a seperate window? This 'media' window would change based on the focus of the outline. Perhaps a visual in the outline to show a media element was attached.... mmmm....

Maybe I'll play around with op.setRefCon (value) when I have some time. Attach binary objects to outline summits and display them in a browser, with an agent script constantly looking at the focus of the outline.