Indentation Religion

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:12/9/1998; 9:45:49 PM
Topic:Linux for Dummies?

Each brace on its own line?? Everyone knows the opening brace goes on the end of the line that opens that block. :-) (The closing brace should be on its own line, though.)

The way to make sure you don't miss one is to indent each block and use a balancing text editor like CodeWarrior.

Frontier's script editor gets it almost right (try copying part of a script to the clipboard) except for putting closing braces on their own lines.

(Please, no flames. I actually don't care what style you use as long as I don't have to look at it. But when someone calls me a heretic, I gotta respond! :-) )