Re: Thin Clients, Linux, and BeOS

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:12/11/1998; 9:40:53 AM
Topic:Thin Clients, Linux, and BeOS

You *really* need to download StarOffice 5 then.

http://www.stardivision.com/

Free for personal use on Windows, MacOS, Linux, Solaris, and it DOES read Word 97 documents -- it's the only way I can here, because I don't have Office 97. (I have O95)

I'm constantly impressed with StarOffice. Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Database, Presentations, Mail/News (POP/IMAP/NTTP/SMTP), Web Browser (includes java javascript), Address Book, Vector Graphics program, templates, StarBasic (basically VBA), and it supports OLE2 (on Windows).

Get it running on Linux, and then decide :-)

Jim