Re: Announcing MfHC 0.6a2

Author:Matt Daw
Posted:12/12/1998; 4:54:33 PM
Topic:Frontier-related announcements

Point well taken. One side of me (the CS major) agrees with you fully. The other side (the Psych major) was just warning against something I found most difficult at that age. You can set yourself up so that you only measure yourself by your accomplishments (job, awards, etc). This isn't healthy at any age, but especially as a teen.

If you're coding because that's what you love doing -- go for it. Just watch out that you don't get tied up in the accomplishments rather than in your personal satisfaction.

I have to admit that I wouldn't have taken my own advice when I was 16... but hindsight is 20-20.

Matt