Re: Announcing MfHC 0.6a2

Author:Michael Esveldt
Posted:12/12/1998; 1:44:07 PM
Topic:Frontier-related announcements

I'm 16 years old and I've been coding for about 5 years. I fell into it instantly after getting a rather late start with computers. I had a copy of ResEdit that I played with on and old Classic and then on my Quadra605. I was intrigued by what was beneath the icon.

It's safe to say I spend a good percentage of my free time with computers. Frontier, TCL/TK, and reinstalling Linux (hehehe...) take up a good deal of my time. I code because I like to, I code because I think programming and computers are beautiful and have intrinsic value. They aren't just productivity tools.

I see the same kind of beauty in theoretical physics (my great passion). The same things that have drawn me to the universe all my life draw me into computers.

Do what you love! Do what makes you smile and gives you a feeling of accomplishment! These ideas might change as I age but often beauty and passion can defy age, wisdom, and talent. I guess I'll find out how right I am in a few decades.