Re: Thin Clients, Linux, and BeOS

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:12/13/1998; 12:42:56 PM
Topic:Thin Clients, Linux, and BeOS

Yes, I should have qualified my statement with "unless you're in a business".

But can you imagine if Compaq started shipping Linux on all their workstations and servers and wouldn't give you an option for Windows, nevermind BeOS or OS X Server or BSD or OS/2 or whatever? Maybe they'd sell it to you, but you'd have to install it yourself... ;-)

Same shit, different pile. :-) That's what I think "Linux World Domination" is. I know there are many Linux people that aren't interested in this World Domination thing, but it bothers me that some of the very well known names in Linux are saying it.

Freedom is freedom, it's not some other person's vision of utopia.

Jim