Re: Visible Windows-based HTTP apps

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:12/14/1998; 12:58:01 AM
Topic:Visible Windows-based HTTP apps

Frontier's COM DLL isn't really intermediate, because it runs in the same process as Frontier.exe does.

I'm not totally up to speed on the invisible desktop thing, I understand some thing about it, but not all.

Couldn't you run a COM server in an exe under the "normal desktop" (which runs as a background app) separate from the IIS-Frontier DLL and the Frontier-COM DLL, that acted as a bridge between the two "worlds" ?

Jim

PS: If you change the account that the World Wide Web Publishing Server runs under, in the Services control panel, and/or tell it that it's allowed to interact with the desktop, does that help?