Thank you thank you thank you!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/14/1998; 5:16:00 AM
Topic:Thank you thank you thank you!

I posted this message on the Frontier-users and Script-Meridian community list this morning in response to Jakob Nielsen's column, also posted this morning.

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/981213.html

Wow! That's the highest praise I've ever gotten for software.

We won't disappoint you. We're going somewhere very interesting in Frontier 6. It'll be compatible with Trellix, it will embrace Tcl, and every other scripting language that's wired up to the scripting standards on Windows (don't forget Python and Perl and Visual Basic) and it will totally integrate the web experience into the authoring environment on Windows (and Mac, a lot of our users are there even though I agree with you that Apple has been milking the Mac).

The goal is as you say it is. Integrate the web with the power of the desktop. We believe the desktop apps are very very valuable and have been overlooked in the rush to the net. We just need bridges, and we've been busy in the bridges department. We have some amazing demos that will just keep going to more amazing places. It's like having the ball on the 10 yard line and nothing but empty field in front of you. Everyone else was looking at the browser. We were looking at the desktop.