Re: Forth

Author:Matthijs van Duin
Posted:12/15/1998; 11:29:12 AM
Topic:Frontier-related announcements

I've used Mops for like a few weeks, but I didn't like it much. I learned Forth on an IMC700 (a microcomputer) and basically that's still the box I use it on most. It's fun to work with digital and analog inputs and outputs in Forth. I'm still looking for a free/cheap text-only Forth (the way we know it :) for the Mac with TCP-support. There are lotsa Forths for the Mac, like this4th, PocketForth (VERY GOOD!), and many more. look at http://www.forth.org/compilers.html

: badforyoureyes chk740 wdogoff 1 begin dup 8 0 setdos drop ( 8 0 setdos = set digital outputs ) 2* 255 mod nuf? until drop ;

Oh, and I've certainly played around with OF. it's fun to draw colored boxes in OF. Did you know there's a bricks-game written in OF-forth? http://www.machack.com/Hack98.html