Re: Criminal Sexuality

Author:Dennis Dimick
Posted:12/15/1998; 1:54:36 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

This is more about lying for me. Chronic lying. It's also about role models and the need for heroes.

I have kids. I am concerned about honesty, and teaching them the value of truth. I grew up believing that the President was someone to look to, someone to aspire to become. I actually thought, at one time, that the President could be a hero. I still believe that the President could be someone we look to as an example. Not this one.

If Clinton gets off, or gets off with a slap on the hand, what signal does this send to the kids growing up now? That it's just fine to be a liar?

That truth, honesty, and doing what's right pale to what one can get away with? This plants bad seeds for what kind of country we have, and will, become.

"But Dad, why should I tell the truth? Bill Clinton lies and gets away with it, why can't I?" What is a parent to do? What is to become of a nation that allows, without sanction, this kind of deceit as modus operandi?

I cannot believe a thing Clinton says. He has no veracity, no authority. I voted for Clinton. He has been a terrible disappointment. He needs to go away, but I am quite afraid he will stick it out to survive a 55-45 party-line Senate vote.

Clinton knows not truth, honor, or shame. At least Newt knew when to walk.