Re: system.verbs.builtins.log

Author:Doug Baron
Posted:12/15/1998; 3:28:58 PM
Topic:New sample bits

Dave,

I've now reviewed the non-guest database logging code. Two comments:

1. When logging to an outline, the target setting code isn't state of the art. I would recommend:

if not defined (adroutline^) { new (outlineType, adroutline); window.open (adroutline)}; local (oldTarget = target.set (adroutline))

Note that window.open does not change the target.

2. When logging to a file, the semaphore should probably be locked around the code that creates the file too, i.e. move the semaphore.lock to before the if not (file.exists (logFile)) line.

Doug