Feeling Powerless/Powerfull

Author:Vitor Conceicao
Posted:12/16/1998; 5:47:44 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Dave,

Thats a great point about democracy, to give people the power, and you americans do have a great democracy, people really have power to change things.

Here in Brazil things are not that easy, we are obliged to vote and since the biggest part of the population has almost no schooling they end up voting in whoever askes them to vote, or whoever they know the name. Because of that we end up having a congress and senate dominated by thiefs and crooks, and the worse thing is that the oposition is made up of a bunch of radical people with most coming from the work class movements and with no instruction (most didn't even finish high school).

Then you have the crooks winning every election and the oposition putting candidates who are not prepared to be elected thinking that they'll win. Its sad...

Greetings, Vitor.