Re: user.webserver discussion

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:12/16/1998; 1:46:24 PM
Topic:user.webserver discussion

Dave Winer wrote:

"Do we want to be able to send an XML-RPC message to discuss.userland.com, even though it's a virtual domain on nirvana.userland.com?"

I can imagine people wanting the option to specify which domain names go with which XML-RPC handlers. Some handlers might be global, while others might be domain-specific.

If one organization is using a server to host multiple domain names, then it's probably no big deal if all handlers are global. But if one server is hosting very different sites, it would be appropriate to specify which XML-RPC handlers go with which sites.

Of course, you can do that with a #security script right now, but an easier way to configure this might be desirable.