Re: user.webserver discussion

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:12/16/1998; 1:54:59 PM
Topic:user.webserver discussion

About membership, preferences, logging and stats -- I totally think these should be extended to all responders. These shouldn't be mainResponder-only but webserver framework services.

In addition: we have servers in several locations. My server here would like to get membership info stored on your server. An easy way to configure that would be a big help. It should stay in synch automatically.

There might be other things, too, that are not domain or server related but are at the scope of the entire web presence, which may span many machines in many places.

Example: say we have a small set of templates we always use. If you make a change to one of those templates on your server, my server should automatically pick that up, with no human intervention required. Perhaps this synching might be daily or hourly or whatever (configurable, perhaps).