user.databases (a change in plan)

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/16/1998; 8:13:18 PM
Topic:user.webserver discussion

I had trouble making user.webserver.databases fit, but it made more sense to have user.databases, one level up, and to open the databases from system.startup.startupScript.

It seems you might want to pre-open databases for applications that aren't web servers.

Now I have a beach-head right at the beginning of the startup process. That's a very interesting place to put code.

The new startup code is running on nirvana.userland.com now.

I figure that stats will fit in fine in user.webserver, not sure about domains, for now.

Dave