Re: Changes to system.startup.startupScript

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/17/1998; 4:45:05 AM
Topic:user.webserver discussion

Christopher, thanks for the support.

It took a long time to arrive at that. I debated whether or not I wanted to give that much power to a guest db, and now I think this approach has the safety I wanted. You have to specifically put a boolean in the user.databases table for the database to have the #startup script run.

Basically, guest databases changed everything, for the better, by a lot. Now I think it's clear how to deploy this stuff. Very exciting!

Dave