Dave Ely responds to IdleTime question

Author:Doug Baron
Posted:12/18/1998; 9:30:14 AM
Topic:IdleTime extension needs fix for Mac OS 8.5

Doug,

I've put up a page about IdleTime (I'll need to add a link to the source) and I'm also more than willing to help fix this little problem (which might be something I did wrong).

<http://www.dijas.com/idletime/>

I sent some mail to edb@macresource.com on Tuesday, the 8th asking for more information and never got a reply regarding the Apple Tech Support rep who blamed IdleTime. I also cc'd Dave (using dwiner@well.com) which he might never have seen.

I know the code and I'll certainly help. At the same time I've been running the extension on every box I've ever used for a long, long time. I run lots and lots of applications (right now I've got 12 apps running under 8.5.1; 184 FCBs with 145 of those in use) and I've never seen the problem being mentioned.

If there is indeed a problem, it's being nudged into view by something else.

-- Dave Ely <ely@dijas.com> <http://www.dijas.com>