Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Author: Philip Suh Posted: 12/18/1998; 2:30:58 PM Topic: National ISPs Msg #: 1443 Prev/Next: 1442 / 1444
I've got a question about ISP's for the general scriptingnews community.
I've been corresponding with someone about finding a good national ISP provider. He's looking for a national provider because his current regional ISP has poor service and when he travels he wants to be able to dial in. Also, he'll be coming to Macworld Expo, and wants to be able to dialup when he gets into town.
I've been using Earthlink. Since moving to San Francisco, the POP connection occasionally drops, not often enough to be a huge problem, but still annoying. However, Earthlink's billing and national presence is pretty good. Support is all automated 800 numbers, I've never reached a live person at Earthlink.
Anyway, what are your experiences in finding an ISP that has a U.S.-wide POP dialup? Service, connections, billing and support? Please let us know.
There are responses to this message:
- Re: National ISPs, Victor Tolbert, 12/18/1998; 3:11:08 PM
- Re: National ISPs, Daniel G. Budiac, 12/18/1998; 3:23:09 PM
- iPass (was: National ISPs), Philip Suh, 12/20/1998; 8:34:27 AM
- Frontier-Hosting ISPs?, Phil Wolff, 12/20/1998; 10:34:32 AM
- Re: National ISPs, Stan Purington, 12/21/1998; 12:13:48 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:46:45 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.