President Above the Law?

Author:nicholag@cpuinc.net
Posted:12/22/1998; 1:56:47 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Your commentary has motivated me to not only participate in this discussion, but also write my Senators and Representative. http://www.citizendirect.net/

I'm not sure that the polls and reporters are accurate. Can it be that Americans don't care if their politicians are criminals?

President Clinton should be subject to prosecution just like the rest of us. I'm not his judge or jury, but the Senate is. If found guilty of a criminal act, (perjury, sexual harassment, etc.), then he should be removed from office.

As Commander in Chief, he is part of the military. Several recent trials have shown that the military takes on-the-job sexual activity seriously. If others have been tried for similar offenses, why not President Clinton. If guilty, he should suffer the consequences.

It may not have been appropriate to ask him about his sex life - but that doesn't give him an excuse to lie about it.

I deplore the horrendous expense - but "justice for all" is worth it.