Re: How are we doing? (5.1.5)

Author:Shawn Sutherland
Posted:1/8/1999; 12:32:52 PM
Topic:How are we doing? (5.1.5)

Ive recently tried out the demo version of 5.1.5 (as i usually do with the new demos) and it does fix many bothersome bugs. Although i still get an occasional crash on the PC when copying and pasting from external text editors. Not nearly as often though. Thats a biggy for me.

Actually the real biggy for me, which actually keeps me from purchasing it is that on the PC I am forced to use the built in text editor (arent i?) in order to edit wptext files. On the mac I can use BBEdit and life is fantastic, even in 5.0.1.

Being able to use NoteTab Pro, or Homesite on the PC would make me run out and purchase 5.1.5 or higher today!

Interesting that most of the responses are from Mac users. I like the fact that frontier runs on windows. Im getting many developers here in the Portland area addicted, but they have the same request as they sit and wait with 5.0.1. They are all PC users.

Also getting it to run behind IIS is right on!!! This makes the product about 100 times easier to "sell" to the client. I like the fact that it has its own server built in but I have yet to work with a client that would be comfortable serving a site out of something they have never heard of. So now it can do both! WOOOHOOOO!

Anyways excellent work, but please please please give the PC users an alternative to the default text editor.

-shawn