Two enhancements

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/11/1999; 6:26:56 PM
Topic:HTML tags in messages

As often is the case, a couple of enhancements quickly follow a new feature:

1. You can now include tags in messages. Here's an example: random link.

2. I hate it when a message leaves one of the tags open and spoils the formatting of the rest of the page. So I implemented an algorithm that detects tags that are left open and automatically closes them at the end of the text. For example I will leave italics open and fail to close it. Let's see if it works!