Re: Memory management w/ Frontier

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/12/1999; 5:33:17 AM
Topic:Memory management w/ Frontier

Very interesting. What was the record structure of the database? Was it flat? Just a single table with 50,000 sub-tables?

I'm not sure I understand your last question though. Any locals allocated by the script are disposed after it finishes executing. The compiled script is retained, so the script isn't recompiled every time you run it. However if you need to reclaim the memory used by the compiled script, there's a verb that does this.

http://docserver.userland.com/script/unCompile

However I'm not sure if that answers your question.