Re: Scripting on Windows - persisting data structures

Author:Michael Winser
Posted:1/12/1999; 10:35:01 AM
Topic:Scripting on Windows

I want to be able to build complicated data structures in script and persist (save or load) them with a single call.

Yes, I could expose standard methods on my script objects to enable this but I can't think of a good reason why I should have to do this. The script engine has all the information it needs to do this properly (garbage collection and persistence have a lot in common).

I don't care what format is used (but I'm sure Dave will vote for an XML based format).

Michael