Re: Scripting on Macs

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/12/1999; 1:18:23 PM
Topic:Scripting on Windows

(I hear Dave saying "Yeah, right", but like the saying goes "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take!") ;-)

You can hear me thru your net connection? That's pretty amazing! ;->

Go for it. I'd love to see JavaScript as an OSA component language.

BTW, UserTalk is not available as a separate language on Windows as it is on the Mac. It really wouldn't buy you much because JavaScript is so close to UserTalk, syntax-wise. Not too many people use the language separate from the environment on the Mac, we really have come to think of Frontier as an environment that contains a scripting language, rather than a scripting language to appear inside of other environments.