Re: W3C

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/13/1999; 2:23:27 PM
Topic:HTML Refresh Language

Interesting idea Dori! Not sure if their rules allow it though. I have my doubts whether a W3C seat would be worth it. I don't think you get a seat at the table, or at least not a decision-making table. I've been part of back-channel discussions, not standards-body related, and the W3C members at those tables are not really listened to any more than those of us who aren't W3C members. In other words, in the software industry pecking order I don't believe W3C membership counts for much. Dave