Re: Three options

Author:Simeon Simeonov
Posted:1/15/1999; 4:22:57 PM
Topic:WDDX Annotated DTD

Hi,

I just finished the alpha version of a piece of software that converts WDDX data to the XML-RPC data format. It's written in fairly portable C Plus Plus (Dave, why can't I put a plus character in the message text???) so it seems possible that we can use it as a bridge in a variety of existing XML-RPC servers. The hard part is removing all dependencies to make the code distributable.

What should I do about WDDX recordsets? XML-RPC doesn't support them natively...

Also, what should I do about special characters in strings? The current XML-RPC data spec will lead to XML syntax errors if serialized strings have any special characters other then tabs, carriage returns, and newlines.

Dave, can you do the XML-RPC data to WDDX piece? From a quick read of the XML-RPC spec it seems like WDDX datatypes are a clean superset of XML-RPC's with the exception of integers which you can map to the number element.

Regards,

Sim, Allaire