Request for Help

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/15/1999; 5:06:54 PM
Topic:WDDX Annotated DTD

I'd like some of the more experienced Frontier developers to get in the loop on this, so it's not just my brain looking at these things.

The first thing I'd like to consider is recordsets. I believe they can be mapped onto s, but I'll address that in a separate message. In the meantime, for Frontier people, here's an example of a recordset:

http://nirvana.userland.com/wddx/compiledText$10

About special characters, we use entity encoding. Like < and &. There must be a list of all the mappings. I'll go look for them, if anyone finds them, please chime in.

About XML-RPC to WDDX, I'm going to ask for help from the Frontier community. Josh? Seth? Jim? Matt? Henri? Deke? Brian? Anyone else? Hellllp! I'm working on editors now, when I dug into WDDX this morning I realized quickly that it's going to take me too far off my current course to be quick. If I have to do the work, I will, but this one of those times when I could use help from community members.

Dave

PS: I never have figured out why plusses don't make it thru in the DG software, there must be some code in there somewhere that's stripping them out. A virtual golden keychain to any mainResponder tester who figures this one out.