Re: Request for Help

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:1/15/1999; 7:14:09 PM
Topic:WDDX Annotated DTD

Dave said:

PS: I never have figured out why plusses don't make it thru in the DG software, there must be some code in there somewhere that's stripping them out. A virtual golden keychain to any mainResponder tester who figures this one out.

Likely places where this is happening:

mainResponder.respond:

case string.upper (adrparamtable^.method) { //initialization based on method
    "POST" {
        local (adrtable = @adrparamtable^.postArgs, i);
        new (tabletype, adrtable);
        webserver.parseArgs (adrparamtable^.requestBody, adrtable);
        for i = 1 to sizeof (adrtable^) {
            adrtable^ [i] = string.urldecode (adrtable^ [i])}}}

I'll bet that string.parseHTTPargs, which is called by webserver.parseArgs, does the urldecoding, and therefore, your call to string.urldecode inside the for loop is "double decoding" the string, which makes Plus signs show up as spaces, and Percent signs screw up the next two characters after.

Testing: is the following characer a percent sign? %

Testing: is the following character a plus sign? +

If so, I'm right. If not, I'm wrong...

Jim