How can I stop a script, immediately?

Author:Seth Dillingham
Posted:1/18/1999; 8:24:29 AM
Topic:How can I stop a script, immediately?

To stop a script DEAD IN ITS TRACKS, use the following:

thread.kill( thread.getCurrentID( ) )

This is the only way to absolutely guarantee that a script is completely stopped. Your alternatives, including "return" and "ScriptError( )", can both be trapped by the calling script and therefore do not guarantee that the script has been stopped completely.

Related links:

http://docserver.userland.com/thread/kill

http://docserver.userland.com/thread/getCurrentID

http://docserver.userland.com/keywords/return