Re: Scripting on Windows - command line apps

Author:Eric Ulevik
Posted:1/18/1999; 8:48:23 PM
Topic:Scripting on Windows

The biggest improvement to WSH would be to integrate it more.

* Make sure standard applets support it - Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, Media Player * Provide useful libraries - able to easily write log files of what the script did or didn't do - change various control panel settings (eg. display resolution)

The key is to make it useful to write tiny apps. This is what will make WSH be used, which is good for everybody.

I'd also like a nice development environment. Something like Visual Basic Scripting Edition but it should come with the OS. I'm sure Microsoft would have nothing against that :-) though Dave Winer might :-(.

Regards,

Eric Ulevik