Re: DreamWeaver, XML-RPC, and Frontier

Author:James Spahr
Posted:1/20/1999; 9:29:03 PM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

Yes you are right this will work, and as Dave pointed out:

http://www.scripting.com/contentServer/managingTemplates.html

and we could create Dreamweaver objects to make alot of the techy stuff on this page go away. But in the end we have not really created a usable tool for non-frontier designers.

Look at the Dreamweaver integration for XSSI, Cold Fusion and WebObjects. These are real solutions. Dreamweaver renders the page as it would look if a server servered the page. That's what I'm getting at here. When I type in {clock.now()} into Dreamweaver I want to see "1/21/99; 12:27:51 AM"

If we had XML-RPC in Dreamweaver we can do this. We can tie all of Dreamweaver's tools into Frontier and make it a very smart front end for creating html for Frontier.

I admire the simplicity of your solution. I just think Dreamweaver would have a lot more to offer Frontier if they could converse while the design was taking place, not afterwards.