Re: Marquis de Schwarznegger

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/21/1999; 9:37:32 AM
Topic:Marquis de Schwarznegger

Actually, you're using the system that's supposed to be deployed in Trieste. The goal isn't really music per se, although Marc will probably correct me. They want to get a whole city on a broadband network. Part of the vision of Frontier 6 is to be the back-end editorial system that makes that possible.

I met with Marc and Frank Garza a couple of months ago, and I like Frank, and Marc is one of my best friends. The problem is, if anyone from Trieste is reading this, that Frank thought of Marc as an evangelist, when Marc is a hard-driving visionary and development manager. He's been working on the vision of a multimedia city for his entire career, which includes some remarkable stuff including Macromedia Director and the 1998 SuperBowl media system.

We would be happy to work with Frank and Adrical, but we must have someone like Marc to make it happen. Unfortunately for them there is no one like Marc. They got lucky in Trieste, they got the guy every broadband city should be fighting to get. I'm not sure if they know how lucky they are. From here in the Bay Area, the multimedia development capital of the world (a little civic pride doesn't hurt!) Marc is a god. They got it right, he is the Schwarznegger of the bits. Let's work together Italy! Trieste can be the first really digital city.