Re: Marquis de Schwarznegger

Author:jurgen schaub
Posted:1/21/1999; 10:56:15 AM
Topic:Marquis de Schwarznegger

this is really interesting. i live in a part of vancouver that's been wired for broadband fiber-based communication between residents- for $70 anyone in the neighbourhood (tens of thousands of apartments) can get 10mbit into their living room. unfortunately, no one's really *done* anything with this bandwidth. there's no community-building happening- we're all just getting our kicks downloading massive quicktime files and having bragging rights over people with "slow" cable or adsl connections.

as far as i know, there's no one even *like* marc trying to bring the community together as a community. it's really unfortunate- we're sitting on some of the best community networking infrastructure in the world, but no one's done anything remotely interesting with it.