Re: Use of XML Name Spaces in XML-RPC

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/30/1999; 9:09:35 AM
Topic:www.xml-rpc.com

I agree totally that we should play cleanly with namespaces. I want to create a way to pass an XML structure as a parameter without having to base64 it. I am not a namespaces guru, but Frontier supports them, so we'd have no trouble implementing a compatible client and server. What about the XML parsers and access APIs in other environments?

And not being a namespaces guru, I'd have no idea how to write the namespace definition document. I'd like to see a discussion develop here.