Re: Open source English dictionary?

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:2/1/1999; 4:08:40 PM
Topic:Open source English dictionary?

While the 1913 Webster is missing words we use now, it seems to have words that aren't in the Webster app that came with NeXT computers. Being under license from Merriam-Webster, I'd assume it's of a more recent vintage.

(Speaking of which, any dictionary app should have a feature from NeXT's Webster. Namely, if you look up 'gullible', it will insert your face-icon if one exists in the mail system.)

Personally, I like to have the older words, since it's harder to get a definition for them.